Note to Reader

EXPLORING? CHECK THE “FAVORITES” TAB

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Seasons

Of seasons long ago,
unbeknownst to me.
I long to see
                With field of aching
after long hours of raking.

                The apricot tree, eating
the fruit thereof for need.
Chariots and carriage pulled
by the chestnut horse, and
Plowed following in track.

                Hog high fences rot
and that’s all I need to believe
                In these people of an older time,
I long to be one of them.
Working up the sum
to pay for family with produce.

                Living with and on the land
                Not the foolish man upon the sand.
A foundation of stone and built upon Him.
Without the pressures of politics,
yet still carrying some.

                The time of peace and plenty is yet to come.
As I look unto the son to come again
With fire upon his wings.
And the bounteous angels sing
Their praises to their God and King.
This is the day yet come
I long to see.

Its peace and longing shall always be
A treasured thought imbedded in my head
until I am laid down and dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment