Note to Reader

EXPLORING? CHECK THE “FAVORITES” TAB

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Of Death I Wonder

-Sorry It has been a while, midterms and school work have slowed me down. Hope you like this poem!-

Life grips at my wounded youth,
tearing me back and forth.
My soul treading lightly
at the precipice of heaven.
Subject to the wiles of Death.

Death carries me, like a
New mother and I her babe,
Home to heights before unreachable,
Unattainable by man alone.

Birds chitter their soft chirps.
My guides, my sentinels.
Their music a melody
to wandering ears.

I loved life,
Now I wonder.
What is greater?
Death drops my weary body.
I tumble down the trodden path.
Back to life and reality,
With Men tugging at me.
Wrenching me back.
My shirt is ripped,
Torn asunder,
I simply sag
unable to lift myself.
I am alive, but
Picturing what was ahead
Upon the path of death.

I am aware now and back.
I see Black.
A bag too little to be needed.
I cry, reaching for him.
He is gone.
My son.

He’s carried up
the same path
with birds and
wonderful melodies.

I know my ‘little one’ found
His home,
farther than I traveled.

I must wait to know,
but in my heart I already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment